Our story

Wallace Robinson and Morgan was established in 1855 and celebrated our 155th Anniversary in 2010.

Family beginnings

In 1855 T.J. Robinson became a Solicitor and founded the firm.

His son, James Wallace Robinson, qualified in 1873 and T.J. Robinson's grandson, Thomas Wallace Robinson, qualified in 1884. They both became partners in the firm, as did James's grandson Sydney Robinson.

Just prior to the First World War T.W. Robinson took Charles Henry Morgan into the partnership.

Firm photo from 1907

Front Row: Mr Charles Henry Morgan, Sydney Herbert Robinson (son of TW Robinson), Mr Jabez Dixon (a clerk) and another clerk
Back Row: Mrs Kathryn Robinson, a daughter, two of the boys, Hilda May Robinson (another daughter) and one of the clerks

1920s to 1960s

T.W. Robinson lived in Chantry Road in the Moseley area of Birmingham and Sydney lived in Somerville Road, Sutton Coldfield.

It is thought that the firm moved into 52 Newhall Street, Birmingham in the 1920s and before that the office was in Colmore Row, Birmingham.

In the late 1940s, Bruce Trevor Cariss and William Baden Cartwright were taken into partnership.

T.W. Robinson was in his late 80s when he died in 1950. Sydney retired in 1959 and died in 1961 when he was only about 63. C.H. Morgan died in 1953 at the age of 65. Bill Cartwright remained a partner until 1990 and as a consultant until his death in 1995, aged 95.

In 1950 the firm took an office over the Solicitor's Law Stationery shop at 55 Newhall Street.

In 1958 Denys Eric Fordham, Michael Roy Desmond Worster and Stanley Bernard Shortt joined the partnership. Mr Worster retired in 1986 and Mr Shortt retired in 1990. Mr Fordham is still associated with the firm. Eric Woodhead joined the firm in 1967 as a partner and remains with the firm as a consultant

More recent times

The practice continued both from Newhall Street offices until no. 52 was closed in 1968 and a new office opened at 4 Drury Lane, Solihull. The practice relocated the whole practice to Solihull in 1994 and opened the Dorridge office in 1999.

Wallace Robinson office front in Solihull

Wallace Robinson & Morgan, 4 Drury Lane in Solihull town centre

Celebrating our 150th Anniversary in 2005

Wallace Robinson & Morgan 150th Anniversary year - Royal Ascot at York, June 2005

Team outing to Blenheim Palace

Wallace Robinson & Morgan Team outing to Blenheim Palace June 2017

You'll find details of Wallace Robinson and Morgan's current team of solicitors and support staff by clicking on the 'Meet the Team' and 'Support Staff' buttons.