family law

Contact with children

If you are a parent who does not live with your child, you will want to keep regular contact.

It is hoped that parents can come to an agreement between themselves as to how and when contact with the child will take place.

However, this is not always possible.

Helping with problems

If you are having problems establishing contact with your child, we can help you.

We will always try and help you reach an agreement that suits both parties without the need to go to court. We prefer to use methods such as Mediation or Collaborative Law where appropriate.

However, in serious disputes if the parties cannot agree, then applying for a child arrangements order may be the only option. The child arrangement orders replace the old contact orders and further details are available in our "child arrangements orders" article. See the link below.

Contact us

If you are worried about contact with your child and would like to book an appointment, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our family law team.

Further reading:

Parental Responsibility (Family Law)

Child Arrangements Orders (Family Law)

This article is for general information purposes only. It does not constitute technical, financial, legal advice or any other type of professional advice and is no substitute for specific advice based on your individual circumstances. We do not accept responsibility or liability for any actions taken based on the information in this article. For more information, please click here.